Saturday, November 15, 2008

I am the winner





This week has been a very sport orientated week for Miss A. Apart from the swimming, see pics below, she was selected to represent the school during Friday's athletics meet at Santos Stadium. Her event was the 200 metres for under 10's.

There are limited spots for this day and try-outs were about 3 weeks ago. Miss A was rapt that she was chosen.

In the lead up to the event this week she decided that we should go down to the local school oval in the evenings and do a bit of training. So each night as I huffed and puffed around the oval she shot off and completed her lap well before me.

On Friday just before lunch the call went out over the PA that her race was up next. I wished her luck and excitedly she went to the starting line. She didn't win her race, in actual fact she came last, but she didn't care. The huge smile she had as she was crossing the finish line said it all. At the finish line I gave her a giant hug and told her how proud I was of her.

As a parent I couldn't have been more proud of her commitment and just her general enthusiasm at crossing that finish line. I was a very proud Mama.

Over the last few months I have started to see her come out of her shell and really want to try new things. In recent times she would always excitedly want to be apart of an event/performance but at the last minute her nerves would get the better of her and the thought of being in the spotlight would send tears streaming down her face. But I think we have turned a corner.

She is turning into a beautiful young lady and I am grateful that I am able to be a part of her journey.

7 comments:

ingrid said...

Lishy you are such a superstar & I am a very proud auntie. I love you

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

wowcouldntthat

Dee said...

Granny/Mum not Dee

I'm so proud of you Ailish for just trying your best. what a honour just to be included. You look so beautiful in your sporty outfit.
Love Granny

Irish said...

You did great Ailish !!!! You're a gorgeous girl !!!!

Caitlin Rose said...

congratulations ailish on finishing what you started...it's not always an easy thing to do.

we love you...
aunt sharry.

Dee said...

What a sporty spice. She does not take after her Aunty Dee. I would alway freak out if I messed it up. Ailish is soo much smarter than me already.

andy smylie said...

great to be multi talented - Way To Go Alish.

XO XO