My thoughts have started to turn towards summer }-
warmth, tshirts and shorts, balmy nights, daylight savings, outside activities, beaches, bathers...
and then i think about me }-
unshaven, white legs, untoned, and thanks to my winter diet, unable to fit into my summer wardrobe.
Over the last couple of weeks I have thought about what I should be doing to get myself into respectable summer shape (and if thoughts counted for anything I should be looking like Heidi Klum by now). But alas my thoughts really haven't lead to action. Each Monday I decide that this will be the day to start but by about 2 in the afternoon I have caved and gone back to my old ways.
So I have a new strategy....publicly out myself and hopefully the humiliation factor will motivate me into action. So as of tomorrow I'll start my 3 week challenge (baby steps).
These are the rules I have set myself:
- no eating after 7pm
- no eating the kids leftovers, even if you think it's such a waste of food
- no eating in the car
- no eating junk food (diet softdrink excepted)
- keep to three meals a day with snacks comprising of only fresh fruit and vegetables
- exercise for at least 1/2 hour a day
- try to be more active during the day
- drink lots of water
At the moment I'm committed to my strategy and hopefully in about three weeks I'll be able to report on my success.


10 comments:
Good on you woman .... I know I need to drink abit more water and get on my Wii fit abit more ... lol ....... I really think we should have a party and just dance the pounds away lol ... By the way got the new singing star the other day so we could always duet and dance around the living room ... lol
Good luck in your quest for summer fitness. We're just coming into fall. I can't wait for the leaves to start changing colors and for it to be cold enough to eat soup!
Good for you!!! You will notice such a difference when you work out each day......maybe the first couple of days you will just want to die!! But keep at it!! I have faith in you!!!
i had all these same thoughts and intentions not too long ago. and shamefully that is as far as it got. now i am breathing a sigh of relief that we are heading into our winter and any thought, or guilt, about swimsuits and thighs can be neatly boxed and put away like ornaments on boxing day. an action i know i'm going to live to regret!
good luck to your - my thoughts and prayers are with you!!
WOW - I thought you said baby steps - I think I would be lucky to keep one or two of your rules up!
Oh, and I assume this doesn't count for book club night, or should we all just bring our water bottles with us, LOL ;)
I pray these rules will apply to me as well, but I know my will power is easily defeated. Ah, I fear this will last my entire life. (the sugar/food addiction).
too many rules. I forgot the first one by the time I got to the third one. Too many rules.
Good Luck! We all will support you in this!!!
Hey! Did you know that every time I use a baby wipe that isn't for changing a diaper, I think of you! It is so funny! I love it!
as I read this to Georgia I can feel my belt digging into my side :) The only problem is that there are no more holes left! How embarrassing! I drink around 5L of water a day but it doesn't seem to do anything - imagine what I'd look like if I didn't - ha :)
hikirstie
ineed
excercisetoo
notlatelythough
Post a Comment