Saturday, March 12, 2011

The past week in photos



Ailish learnt to ski last Friday. At the ski park here, if you're a 5th grader, you get your ski hire & lift pass for $5. Pretty good price I would say.

She was invited to join some friends, but the only catch was that the parents weren't going to be staying - a situation Ewan & I didn't really feel comfortable with. So with a bit of juggling I met the girls at the ski park and hung out inside, keeping warm, while they skied and popped there heads in every now and then for food!!

It didn't take her long to pick up how to turn and stop. I don't think I saw her fall once on the slope but she did have a couple of mishaps trying to get on and off the travelator that takes them up the slope.

The evening was a complete hit and the girls had a wonderful time. 5 hours later I had to drag the girls off the snow and into the car to go home.






Last night the boys had their 1st grade music concert. It was held at the High School gym, which is about a 10 minute drive away.

The images below accurately capture how the boys were feeling about being there.......




Rowan took his xylophone playing seriously.

Callum had a fantastic little twirly arm action he would do before striking the Triangle.



Both boys provided us with loads of entertainment.

It was a pleasure to watch Rowan enjoy himself and it was amusing to watch Callum's facial expressions and eye rolling throughout the 1/2 hour performance!

3 comments:

Corrie- said...

Love 'this week in photos'...hope it's a weekly! The boys are so funny and clearly happy about the performance. I see those kind of smiling faces every day!

Alish looks like a pro, GO Alish, Go Alish, Go GO Go Alish!

Dee said...

Ailish looks sooo beautiful the winter air agrees with her. Very much strawberries and cream complexion. Made the right decission to stay. What if there had been an accident?
I'm impressed that your boys got intruments to play. What was wrong with Callum? I was suprised that it was not the other way round.

Katherine said...

Ailish looks so pretty! Tulani wants to visit so that they can ski together. Ro obviosly took his job very seriously - that's not surprising! Miss you guys. xx